At the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- List the main objectives of internationalization.
- Contrast the Brazilian health model with that of other countries.
- Contrast the training of the speech and language pathologist in Brazil with that of other countries.
- Describe the role of international professional associations.
Internationalization. Professional certification of the audiologist in Brazil and worldwide. National and international speech and language intervention models. Speech Pathology and audiology in the 21st century.
- Internationalization and higher education
- Social skills and internationalization
- Vocational training of speech therapists in Brazil: contrasts with other countries
- Brazilian Health System: comparative analysis with other countries
- Prevalence of communication disorders in Brazil: comparison with other countries
- Intervention models for communication disorders in Brazil - comparative analysis with other countries
- Speech Therapy in the 21st Century - trends in the area of hearing, language, voice, speech and swallowing.
Beech JÁ. internacionalização das políticas educativas na América Latina. Currículo sem Fronteiras, Buenos Aires, v. 9, n. 2, p.
32-50, jul./dez. 2009. Disponível em: . Acesso em: 20 jun. 2015.
Furnham, A. Communicating across cultures: A social skills perspective. Counselling Psychology Quarterly, 1989, 2(2):205-222.
Goulios H and Patuzzi RB. Audiology education and practice from an international perspective. Int J Audiol. 2008;47:647–664.
Paim J et al. The Brazilian health system: history, advances, and challenges. The Lancet , Volume 377 , Issue 9779 , 1778 - 1797
Del Prette ZAP, Del Prette A. Social skills and behavior analysis: Historical proximity and new issues. Perspectivas em Análise do
Comportamento, 2012:1(2), 104-115.
Lopes DC, Gerolamo MC, Del Prette ZAP, Musetti MA, Del Prette A. Social skills: a key factor of engineering students to develop
interpersonal skills. International Journal of Engineering Education, 2015, 31(1): 405-413
Swanepoel D. Audiology in South Africa. Int J Audiol 2006;45:262–266.